9.16.2009

Art of Shade: Eco Chic Fashion

The other night I went to my first green tweetup in Downtown Hollywood. It was great meeting other local tweeters who are also eco minded. I always seem to find something new and interesting in Hollywood be it an antique fair, a cool wine bar or a new gelatto cafe. I will definitely write more about Hollywood. But for now, downtown is a lazy town with great character that is close to the Beach and in the midst of a redevelopment. One of the most eco chic and refreshing newcombers is Art of Shade, a couture fashion boutique uniquely based on recycle and redesign.

Designer Kaycee Armstrong's designs are one of a kind and custom pieces of art, reflective of her own take on repurposing and individuality. Each piece is reconstructed using recycled materials like sweaters or the men's dress shirts used below. Everytime I step into their creative showroom, that is often open late or hosting trunk shows, I am inspired.

No comments: